Seven-faced lamps are traditionally used as table lamps mainly placed before the altar in the Pooja room as a pair.The purpose to provide a soothing light to highlight the features of the deity placed in the Pooja room. Within the lamp, numerous wicks or thiris can be held seperately. The lamp looks like several diyas have lit up at once. Positivity and wealth are drawn into the home when an oil lamp is lit.
● Manufactured by professional artisans, unlike light-weight fancy lamps, these lamps are heavily crafted with brass to withstand heat and hence is suitable for daily use. This traditional brass lamp can be used in households for decorative or religious purposes. A beautiful and well-crafted Annam/Swan bird has pride of place at the top of the Vilakku.
● It has seven sides to place the wick/thiri. The wick' s or thiri' s round base is deep enough to hold enough oil to keep it burning for a long time. The elaborately made vilakku can be disassembled for simple storage. The stand for the Vilakku is strong and well-made.
● Can be used in the puja room for daily puja.
● Creates a lovely piece of interior decor
● Makes a wonderful and considerate gift.
● Made of Brass, it is easy to clean and maintain.”