* Sundarakanda is the fifth Canto of Srimad Valmiki Ramayana.
* The entire Ramayana may be said to be contained in Sundara Kanda.
* Hanuman, when he meets Sita, narrates the events of the Bala Kanda and when he comes to meet Rama, after having met Sita, Hanuman says that Rama and Sita will be crowned ruling monarchs and have a happy life together.
* It is also the canto that reveals the greatness of Hanuman, who says he can carry all of Lanka on his back if needed! The Sundara Kanda shows us the power of the name â€˜Rama.â€™ Hanuman repeats this name, and it is well known that he was invincible.
* Among all the episodes of Ramayana recitation of Sundara Kanda has been recommended by sages and seers for the simple reason that it eradicates the evil effects, gives strength and generates hope.
* Being in touch with Sundara Kanda either through chanting, hearing or merely placing a copy in the puja altar would remove all hurdles and usher in good tidings to everyone.
* This book is the malayalam transliteration Valmiki's Sanskrit Sunderakand